Project CommuniTree provides free trees to community groups for planting projects. Our trees are grown at CommuniTree Gardens nursery, our region’s first and only community-assisted tree nursery and distribution program. An army of trained volunteers, led by a single forester, pots thousands of native species seedlings and nurtures them until they are ready to be given away. Trees are available each spring and fall on a first-come, first-served basis.
Are you interested in trees but not eligible for our free ones? We are now offering high quality, affordable trees through our brand new ReLeaf Sales program! Learn more HERE!
Project CommuniTree is Currently Closed for the Season
Project CommuniTree Facts:
- Free, 3-gallon trees and shrubs grown from over 50 species of seedlings provided by the Missouri Department of Conservation
- Available for public or nonprofit plantings (neighborhood associations, schools, Scouts, churches, cities, municipalities and other community groups) in Missouri and surrounding communities
- Over 100,000 trees distributed since 1993
- Some 9-10,000 trees distributed annually
- Applications accepted once the season is announced, typically in February for spring plantings and in September for fall plantings; this is subject to change based on weather, inventory or Forest ReLeaf’s schedule.