Concert in the Trees
May 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Forest ReLeaf of Missouri is excited to host our Sixth Annual Concert in the Trees on Thursday, May 26, 2022. It will be a multi-sensory experience that combines both art and music as an unforgettable way to realize Forest ReLeaf’s mission of ‘planting trees, enriching communities’.
Original art from award-winning graphic designer, Jayvn Solomon, in the form of a mural will be unveiled at the event. Jayvn is the creator of Loutopia, a vision that reimagines St. Louis having a brighter, more vibrant, lived environment. From brightly colored murals to trees on rooftops, Loutopia’s larger-than-life depictions might feel impossible, but Jayvn’s dialogue will leave you rooted in what is possible. Come see this amazing artist in person at Concert in the Trees and hear him explain how his newest mural for Forest ReLeaf embodies that vision.
Pull up (your own) chair as the evening sets in with a musical performance by Janet Evra, an international jazz vocalist, bassist, and bandleader from England based in St. Louis. Evra tours and performs on premier stages across the USA and Europe, including jazz festivals and concerts in Sweden, Denmark, Romania, Switzerland, and Finland. Your ears will be delighted by her signature “indie bossa” style. Therefore, don’t be surprised when you realize you don’t understand all the words she is putting forth because your mind suddenly catches on that she is singing in Portuguese, Spanish, or French. No matter what language, Janet Evra will wow you.
General admission $45 ticket includes:
- Firsthand look at Jayvn Solomon’s newest mural “ReLeaf”
- A 30-min talk with Jayvn Solomon to hear behind-the-scenes details about “ReLeaf” and his project Loutopia
- A 50-min concert with Janet Evra performing live
- A tour of Forest ReLeaf’s nursery and arboretum
- A complete meal including jambalaya (vegetarian version available), cornbread muffins and dessert
- Wine, beer, and other refreshments
VIP admission $65 ticket includes all of the above and:
- A gift bag of goodies that contains a limited-edition car magnet of Jayvn’s “ReLeaf” mural
- Doors will open at 5:00pm.
- Jayvn will host a discussion about the mural at 6:00pm.
- Janet Evra will perform at 7:00pm.
- This is a bring your own chair event. Please bring a folding chair for the sit-down portion.
- Limited-edition t-shirts of Jayvn’s “ReLeaf” mural will be available for purchase.
- In case of rain, the event will be postponed until June 1, 2022. Cancellations due to weather will be decided by noon on the 26th. Please look for an update via EventBrite in your email that day.
- No refunds will be given if you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date.
We’d like to thank our sponsors. Their support helps to make this evening possible.