Part-Time Seasonal – Tree Maintenance Specialist
Forest ReLeaf of Missouri, located in St. Louis, is seeking a Tree Maintenance Specialist starting the summer of 2021. This part-time, seasonal position will report to our CommuniTree Gardens Nursery, located in Creve Coeur Park in Maryland Heights, MO and occasionally meet at our office at 4168 Juniata St., St. Louis, MO.
Part-time: 20-hours/week position with regular weekend obligations
Preferred time frame: June 1 – October 29
Hourly pay rate: $14/hour
The Tree Maintenance Specialist will primarily support community tree projects. Work responsibilities will include: watering, mulching, structural pruning, and planting trees in parks, along streets, and within MODOT rights-of-way. Project locations are scattered throughout the region; many sites are located in North St. Louis City and North St. Louis County.
- This is a minimum 18-week, 20/hr a week commitment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work in tandem with another staff member as well as work independently and with volunteers.
- Additional responsibilities may include working in the organization’s community-assisted tree nursery operation performing weed and pest control, irrigation maintenance and pruning.
- This position may assist with developing and delivering the organization’s various outreach activities including Summer Tree Camp, community volunteer work days, and nursery events.
Successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to lift 40lbs to waist height and perform steady physical labor.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Be comfortable with basic tree care practices.
Successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Provide for personal transportation to and from the office and the nursery.
- Work weekends when needed.
- Demonstrate personal motivation and ability to work well with volunteers and staff.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Meridith Perkins, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Forest ReLeaf is an equal opportunity employer.