Project CommuniTree provides free trees to community groups for planting projects. Our trees are grown at CommuniTree Gardens nursery, our region’s first and only community-assisted tree nursery and distribution program. An army of trained volunteers, led by our foresters, pots thousands of native species seedlings and nurtures them until they are ready to be given away. Trees are available each spring and fall on a first-come, first-served basis.
Our Application for free trees is currently open. Tree pick ups will be scheduled for March 2020.
Are you interested in trees but not eligible for our free ones? We offer high quality, affordable trees through our ReLeaf Sales program! Learn more HERE!
Project CommuniTree Facts:
- Free, 3-gallon trees and shrubs grown from over 50 species of seedlings provided by the Missouri Department of Conservation
- Available for public or nonprofit plantings (neighborhood associations, schools, Scouts, churches, cities, municipalities and other community groups) in Missouri and surrounding communities
- Over 200,000 trees distributed since 1993
- Some 9-10,000 trees distributed annually
- Applications accepted once the season is announced, typically in March for spring plantings and in September for fall plantings; this is subject to change based on weather, inventory or Forest ReLeaf’s schedule.