Forest ReLeaf of Missouri 2020 Summer Internships
Forest ReLeaf of Missouri, located in St. Louis, is seeking an intern for the summer of 2020. This summer position will report to both our CommuniTree Gardens Nursery, located in Creve Coeur Park in Maryland Heights, MO as well as our office at 4168 Juniata St., St. Louis, MO.
Full-time, 40-hour/week position with Saturday work likely
Preferred start date: May 28th
Hourly pay rate: $12/hour
The Forest ReLeaf Internship will provide a diverse learning environment focused on hands-on experience and exposure to industry professionals.
- This is a minimum 10-week, full-time internship (~June 1 – August 31)
- Two – three days a week (M-W-F) working in the organization’s community-assisted tree nursery located adjacent to St. Louis County’s Creve Coeur Park in Maryland Heights, MO. The intern will work directly with our foresters and volunteers in all phases of containerized nursery production (weed and pest control, irrigation maintenance, planting, pruning, mulching, etc.). The intern will also be given the opportunity to assist in the management of the nursery’s volunteer workforce.
- Two – three days a week (T-Th-Saturday) the intern will be assisting our Community Forester, in developing and delivering the organization’s various outreach activities and tree planting projects, as well as completing a reinventory of trees planted in 2019.
- Candidate will be expected to work independently, watering and mulching previously planted trees.
- The first two-weeks in June the intern will provide support for our elementary Tree Camps. Opportunities will be available to develop curriculum and lead topics.
- Candidate may have an option to maintain part-time work through Fall 2020.
Successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide for personal transportation to and from the office and the nursery.
- Obtain chauffeur’s license to operate trucks/equipment (expenses paid by FRM).
- Work occasional weekends.
- Coordinate his/her own college credit details.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Meridith Perkins, Executive Director, at [email protected] (no phone calls, please)
Forest ReLeaf is an equal opportunity employer.